Saturday, May 29, 2004

Time

After a roughly 4 hour, very grueling ordeal, one of the most interesting and nervewracking events I have been a part of during my stay in EQ, was conquered last night. Combined forces of Forged Souls, Fires Within and just a few Diligence (the rest of the guild was in Time for their rotation), helped to defeat the Rathe Council and Avatar of Earth encounter to flag roughly 50 people across all 3 guilds. With so many people in zone (about 115) it was an amazing feat of leadership that allowed this to be conquered so smoothly. My only regret is that 95% of this round of recruits have been flagged and it may be a while before this stuff is done again, but I hope it continues. It was a total blast, like a huge server party and I would be glad to help out in any way. Thanks again to the fine guilds mentioned. Within an hour of the end of the event, Julie and I stepped into the Plane of Time. Five years of dedication and time spent in a alternate world have finally come full circle. Yeah, I know Time isn't new and I'm probably one of may thousands to zone into it now, but it's a personal triumph and goal achieved. Now we can join our new friends in Time and beyond. No more "backflagging". Unfortunately, by the time we caught up to the raid force in Time, the recent "changes" to the game made progress through the phases impossible. I did, however, get to train Vallon Zek a few times and watch him snap back on his leash ;) I took a lot of screenshots, hopefully I can toss a few up.

Thanks again Seventh Hammer.. Hopefully I can pass the generosity of time and effort down to those that come after me. To Infinity and Beyond!

No comments: