Thursday, October 10, 2002

Another month goes by...

What's new:

I'm back in school. It's a bit of a wake up call, since I haven't been in that "student" mode for a number of years. I find that while I don't enjoy physically going to class, I do enjoy learning something. I guess paying for a class is a better motivator to learn than plugging your face into a book or online CBT. I think I'm serious about finishing this time, which I've said before.. but with the kids being a little older and less dependent, it's easier to go out and do things for the both of us, and my night work schedule makes it easier on the off-days to attend class.

Anyhow.. there really isn't a whole lot else going on besides being generally busy with life. I finished WarCraft III the other day - great game. It's nice to know that games put out by various companies will always kick ass - Bioware and Blizzard to name two, and you could include Raven and id for shooters.. even UT is probably always worth a buy. It's time to finally get back to Morrowind I think. I may hold off until the expansion comes out in a few months, since it's going to add a bunch of new features to make playing it a little less tedious. I still haven't done anything with IWD II or NWN either. I did make it to the final battle in Dungeon Siege (heh, doesn't that sound like an OLD game now?) but I probably won't bother beating it. That game fizzled out pretty quickly. What's cool is, there are a lot of projects out there using the DS engine, and even one using the Morrowind engine, to remake older games (ie. the Ultima series). Should any of these see the light of day.. well, it would be most cool.

Have a good one....

No comments: