Thursday, April 18, 2002

Ack.. i'm slipping already.. more than 10 days go by without my worthless spam!

Well, I finally received my copy of Dungeon Siege. I'd like it a lot more if I didn't keep forgetting to save every so often - the autosave almost never saves. Anyhow.. it's pretty and pretty fun, i'm still looking for the depth though. I do like the levelling system and the amount of cool stuff you find every 15 minutes or so.. a new spell, a new weapon.. something. It keeps you playing.

On the other hand, I checked out Might and Magic IX, something I was very excited about. I've played the M&M series since IV/V (btw, if you never played them together as the "World of Xeen", you really missed out!) and I've finished them all except M&M 6 - that temple near the end with all the jackal-headed guys was just insane. Anyhow.. MM9 uses the Lithtech engine.. yeah, maybe version 1.0 of Lithtech. This game looks worse that MM8 did (and MM8 looked fine except for the creature models - they were 2D sprites). I'm bummed about MM9 in general, but I may still play it.

Hey good news on the music front - Jason Newsted is recording with Voivod and the original singer is back, "Snake". It could have been a dream with Jean-Ives back on bass, but we'll take the Metallica outcast anyhow.. He's been a fan of the group for a long time, so maybe he'll be a good fit. A lot of the Voivod purists are in an uproar over it, though. Hey, I'm just happy another CD is coming..

Well, back to some slacking...

No comments: