Wednesday, March 26, 2003

Well, somehow I've managed to go a week without playing EQ. It's amazing how the longer you stay away, the less you want to play. Having finished a few games a few weeks ago, I decided it was time to pick up some old ones or try some new ones. I know this sounds silly, but I almost hate leaving a game unfinished more than leaving a house project unfinished. Ok, so unfinished games bother me more. Let's justify this.. it's money spent and not used.. er.. money tied up until a game could be finished and re-sold.. umm.. yeah!

Games I started and want to finish: Neverwinter Nights, Morrowind (yeah like you can finish that one), Drakan 2, Icewind Dale 2, Hereos of Might and Magic 4, Arx Fatalis, and maybe Jedi Knight 2. I played all the way through Quake 3 Arena in a few days, I had forgotten how much I loved Quake. Can't wait for Quake IV. Lotsa good stuff coming out this year too. I did pick up Kingdom Hearts (PS2) and Blood Omen 2 for the Xbox that was collecting dust. Yeah.. BO2 was the first game I bought. I want Panzer Dragoon Orta, but I'll wait until it's not $50. I like buying used console games a while after they've been out. The new Zelda game is tempting though.. Of course I still need to finish Ocarina of Time AND Majora's Mask.. The N64 doesn't get used too much these days.

The current household addiction seems to be Animal Crossing. My wife sends love letters to my daughter daily, and my daughter returns them. Even I created a little friend, and when my son gets off his endless grounding from video games, he might make one as well. The town bulletin board is chock full of "I love you" messages. It's really mushy.. My wife nearly shed a tear just now after receiving a fishing rod.. yes, a fishing rod, with love from Sarah.

One thing about not playing EQ.. You have a lot of time for other neglected games...

No comments: